Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Marci Resnick Teacher Fund

I've been a little hush-hush about a recent endeavor of mine and my friend/colleague, Christine, mostly because I wanted to wait until--well, until now.  We applied for a small grant ($500) through the Marci Resnick Teacher Fund (if you click the link, scroll down) to start up an after-school science club with an emphasis on writing.  I can tell you more about that later, but the now part of all this is that we received an award letter today indicating that we will be awarded the grant!  We will receive one of only four awards given out this year.  We will receive the grant at an award ceremony on June 7th.  And, well, I'm pretty excited about it.

 The picture is completely unrelated, but a post without a picture seems so blah, and this is the most recent picture I have of myself (from Mother's Day at Robert and Patrick's art opening), the now "award-winning" teacher.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! Awesome that you got the grant and can launch your project. And great dress, btw! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to read the whole story (as opposed to the Facebook version). You have been hush hush. Next time we talk, I'm going to feel more inclined to grill you on what's happening out there.

    Very proud of you and your accomplishment(s)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very cool, Rachel!! Congratulations! And I especially like that you're doing writing with science. I had a student once who was pre-med but took a couple of years to do a MA in science writing at Johns Hopkins before he headed off to med school.

    Award-winning is a good description of you, grant or not!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Rachel. Sounds like an awesome project. Hope to hear more as time goes on. May I also say that I would recognize you if I saw you on the street. You haven't changed much in appearance from your junior high days :) I mean that as a compliment.

    ReplyDelete