Saturday, June 20, 2009

Late Thirties?

Is it possible? Can John really be 37? According to the calendar, it's happened. John has been pondering the transition from being able to say he is in his "mid-thirties" to having to say he is in his "late thirties". I think maybe he has one more year...


Birthday breakfast included coffee, warm cinnamon rolls, and fresh fruit. The celebration continued Friday at a cozy barbecue with a few friends out on our deck.


A great friend, Patrick, gave John an amazing birthday/Father's Day gift. The certificate above is good for a painted portrait of Oscar. Though it isn't my birthday, I feel like I'm getting a pretty sweet gift, too. You can check out Patrick's work under Patrick Crofton at Artists' House.

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love Patrick's portrait of our own unmistakable John. Who is the owner of that miniature, I wonder? How great that he's gifted you with a portrait of the newbie! :)

    ReplyDelete