Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

Mother's Day has long been a little bit sad for me. I've either ignored the day all together (while still remembering mom in my own way) or celebrated the other "mothers" in my life. For this reason, John and I haven't had many traditions for this day.

BUT, today is my first Mother's Day as a mother. I wish more than ever that I could share this happiness in my new life as a mom with my own mother. Instead I will share it with every person I see today, and so far, it's been with the two most important people in my life (and without whom being a mother wouldn't be possible)...


Who this morning put this on the kitchen table:


And after a delicious breakfast of cheesy eggs, potato hash, and strawberries (that I DIDN'T make), I opened up the cards and boxes to find this:


A sweet picture (in an untopple-able frame) for my desk at school. Johnny also had a favorite watch fixed (so I will be timely as I return back to work tomorrow). I've certainly felt appreciated today.

This evening we are having taco pie, a small way to remember my mother. We will also call John's mom, as well as the other "mothers" in our lives. So far, all traditions I hope to continue each year as I celebrate my luck and joy at getting to be a mom and acknowledge the care and love other mothers have given us...

To all the moms (and grand-moms) who may read this, Happy Mother's Day.

2 comments:

  1. sounds like a great day =). What a great photo of the little man too for your desk! John (Macy) always thinks of M-Rose with taco pie too. It's definitely a family fav. hope your first day back goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS that comment was from Erin. Not sure why it keeps saying Rachel. Just a clarification...

    ReplyDelete